A Cohabitation Agreement or Life Partnership Agreement would conventionally be used for partners that live together in a life partnership and it confirms their proprietary rights during the subsistence of their relationship. It sets out the financial terms of the relationship, and offers protection for the parties upon death, or should the relationship be terminated.

The Department of Home Affairs usually requires a notarially executed Cohabitation Agreement or Life Partnership Agreement to support applications for permanent residence visas or spousal visas where one partner is not a citizen or permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa. While such contracts are typically used in the event that parties are unmarried, the Department of Home Affairs sometimes requires a notarial contract to confirm their relationship and living arrangements in the case where the parties are married to each other without an antenuptial contract.


read more

The Process Explained

Step 1 

Complete the online form

read more

Step 2 

Pay our fee and submit form.

read more

Step 3

We prepare your documents and email it to you within 24 hours

read more

Step 4

Print and sign your documents and return them to us

read more

Step 5

We attend to execution of your contract

read more